Accueil

page
page
page
page
page
page
page



page
page
page
page
page
page
page
Accueil



Accueil

compteur de visite

Ilario   IL100   1/43

Rolls Royce 10hp 1904 sn200154 Current Car

Limited serie of 75 pieces


1904 10hp 20154 - U44: The world's oldest surviving Rolls-Royce

Car no. 20154 came off test in November 1904 and was the third car to wear the Rolls-Royce radiator and the fourth car to carry the Rolls-Royce name. It was developed as a show car and Barker were commissioned to build the Park Phaeton coachwork with two occasional rear seats. It was this car that was selected for exhibition at the ‘Salon de L’Automobile’ in Paris, an exhibition that ran from 9 to 25 December that year.
Remarkably this car was driven by C Vivian Moore from London to Southampton and then from Le Havre to Paris for the exhibition.
20154 returned from Paris and was displayed at the Olympia Motor Exhibition in London in February 1905 on the Rolls-Royce stand, along with a 15hp and 30hp car.

Rolls was keen to promote the 10hp model as a most suitable car for the medical profession and it is thought that a Dr Briggs owned 20154 briefly in 1905, before the car passed to a Kenneth Gillies of Tain in Scotland, remaining in his ownership until 1910, it’s been used  until 1930 when it was finally retired.
In 1950 the car was discovered in a farm building at Seacroft, near Leeds, by Oliver Langton.
Ownership was traced to Percy Binns who agreed to sell his car and a deal was struck on 30 August 1950 allowing it to be removed from Whinmoor Lodge, Seacroft.

A four year restoration was embarked upon, Oliver using his own skills and those of his ace-engineer brother Eric to restore the car to its former glory.
Oliver completed the car in time to participate in the 1954 London to Brighton Veteran Car Run.
The car was at that stage registered with the number U 44, a number given to him by his local friend Mr Bryden. A complete London to Brighton Run was achieved that year, the start of many during Oliver’s ownership. The car was to remain in Oliver Langton’s ownership until 1978.
During his ownership the Rolls-Royce badge was added to the radiator to fend off the inevitable question “what make is it mister?”
20154 was acquired in 1978 by Tom Love who had known the car for many years.

20154 is the only surviving Rolls-Royce eligible through its 1904 manufacture date to participate in the prestigious event « the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run ».
20154 is now presented in dark blue livery with fine gold coachlining and red leather buttoned and pleated upholstery.
It was originaly beige with red upholstery.
On 3 December 2007 the car was auctioned in London by Bonhams and realised £3.5 million.

ATTENTION The models of my manufacture are not toys.

They are craft models, created and made by hand, including many small pieces of resin, white metal, photo-etched or turned parts.

They are not suitable for children under 14 years.



All trademarks, brand names, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners, and are used for informational purposes only.

The logos and marks visible on the models are not advertisements.

They have been reproduced only to respect historical truth.

Assembled model, presented on real leather/wood base with presentation plate. Transparent display case.

Delivered in a luxurious cardboard box.


Fully assembled and hand painted in a traditional way.


1/43 scale model